Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Kiddo pranks part Five - Experiments with animals

As the name suggests, you might have guessed what it's like. So, animal lovers please forgive me. I don't remember which occurred first and which occurred last. So, I am just going according to what comes in my mind. The two animals that were common, or excess in population or in other words, had no family planning, were cats and dogs. Our neighbors had cats. The problem was it soon gave birth to more that what they can control and I guess, they might've stopped feeding it. The poor creatures used to sneak into our kitchen and house and created all sort of problems.

One of my favorite hobbies, as a kid, were to take aim. I mean with stones. Our gang used to test our aim by throwing stones at almost anything and we were pretty good in that. Our main target will be these cats and dogs. To aim a live creature and to hit the target, you need exceptional skill :).

So, on one day when I was at my Uncle's house checking out my turtle, I saw a cat sitting near the gate. The gate was closed and it's tail was inside the gate. Suddenly, an idea came to my mind and I silently went towards it. Cats can sense even the slightest sounds. So, I sneaked behind it without making even the slightest sound and guess what? I caught it by the tail. These poor creatures used to run away when ever they see me. But this time, I got it and that too by its tail. I held on to its tail while it tried desperately to escape. It is a wonder what all tricks these animals know. The cat made a sneezing sound which scared me and loose my grip. So, it escaped.

A similar trick was used by my Uncle's dog. It was a pretty old dog white in color and cute. At that time, I was smaller than the dog. The dog, 'coz of its age, rarely ran, it used to walk slowly here and there. So, once I went near it and rather than doing the usual patting thing, I tried to lift the dog by its stomach. Well, it was bigger than me and I couldn't have lifted it, but I tried again. Suddenly the dog sneezed and I dropped it scared that, it will bit me.

There was one rowdy cock at my uncle's house. It used to attack people, mainly kids. Once, when I was there, it flew towards my face and tried to attack me with its legs and beak. Though, I was surprised by its sudden move, I was able to put my hand in front of my face, thus saving myself from blindness. My uncle saw this and the very next day, it was caught and given to a butcher. Sorry... may its soul rest in peace.

Even I had a dog at that time. My uncle had bought a new dog when the old one died. And on one day, when the two dogs met each other, I guess, they had some ego problems and they started attacking each other. A fierce battle took place. I was watching interestingly as who will win the fight when my uncle came and beat his dog with a big stick and shouted, get inside the house and his dog howled and ran away. I thought that was partiality and I took a stick and beat my dog. I still regret it 'coz the look on it's face was heart-breaking. You know, dogs will always endure whatever we do and still be loyal and loves you.

One day, we went for an exhibition and bought a few toys. One of these was a particular one. An artificial lizard. Yup! it looked exactly like an alive lizard and we can stick it on glass or any polished surface. Once our gang and I took this to our grandparents house. My grandmother was in the kitchen; we went very silently to the kitchen and I put it on my grandmother's shoulder secretly. Then, we kids shouted together " eeeks!! Palli Palli " Palli means lizard in Malayalam. My grandmother jumped and screamed seeing a lizard on her shoulder. She shook it down and took a broom and tried to hit it. We suddenly took it and told her the real story. She shouted at us and threw us out of the kitchen.

We had a concrete chimney in our house and our neighbour's cat once gave birth to kittens there in the chimney. We heard some unusual voices coming from the chimney and I went above the roof to check it out. The chimney was a bit higher and I had to climb it with just my hands and my legs were on air. I was hanging on to the chimney and when looked inside I saw one of the cutest things, the kittens. They haven't even opened their eyes. By seeing such a thing for the first time, I guess I relaxed a bit and slipped in the process hitting my chin on the chimney. 'N for the next few weeks I had two mouths - one the normal one and the other one on my chin.

These are just a few of the incidents that I can remember from my kiddo days. I guess that's enough for today. Hope you liked it and have a great week ahead.

18 comments:

  1. hey aneesh... that was very hilarious incidents!! :)

    esp. the ending sentence of the rowdy cock story!! :D

    u had one awesome childhood!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! :)

    Poor cats and dogs yaar, you were such a naughty kid! I felt the same emotion when I saw new born puppies, eyes unopened! Aww... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL aneesh :D u said "ROWDY" cock? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man that was some awesome explanation..just loved it :)..it is always good reading ur kisso parts :)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG
    such a brat
    By the way - i am an animal lover and thnk god cuz not an animal right activist
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...lots of experiences with animals...
    hope u r not the same towards animals now. poor them. leave them alone... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes,an njoyable read again..liked d last incident very much..the fall..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aneesh u were mean to animals when u were a kid! thats all I can say. I hope ur not the same anymore :)

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leo,

    Thanks buddy. Yup, I had a great childhood
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara,

    Well, LOL, I was. Yup! So...cute.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lukkydivz,

    Yah, it was certainly rowdy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HP,

    Thanks buddy, kisso parts??? LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HeartNsoul,

    Haha, Lucky me! you r not an animal right activist LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saranya,

    Oh! Another animal lover? Yah, I'm not the same now
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anwesa,

    Thanks buddy. That one, I missed on my souvenir post
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keshi,

    I too hope I'm not the same anymore LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. poor poochaas and pattis and also kozipoovans...

    reely the cock story was so very funny..and the end ~~ poor he :P
    I luv animals very much re but I too was like tat wen i was a kid...:P
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. PJ,

    Hi hi.. Nice to hear that an animal lover liked the post LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete

So, Tell me :)