Monday, November 24, 2008

Transitions in Life

Both my bro's and cousin's wedding was superb. I was busy with all the arrangements, acting as the main person, trying to get in touch with everyone. Giving directions and advice, feeling important among the group. One funny thing that occurred was that we reached the church pretty earlier than we expected. We left our house early fearing some road block, but nothing happened and we reached there earlier. We have a custom which is, the bride's family have to invite the bridegroom and his relatives when they reaches the church. Since we reached pretty early, they couldn't reach there before us and we had to wait for sometime in the car for them to arrive.
It was a time to meet new people also, at least for me. Most of my relatives stay far, only a few close relatives are near. So, frankly, I didn't know who is who and was surprised to see lot of unseen faces who claims they are living just a few meters from my house. I wonder, how they managed to hide themselves from me or how I managed to hide from them? I don't want to talk about the marriage 'coz it went like any christian wedding. I was frequently going in and out of the church when I get bored by the priests, to meet my friends.One another interesting thing I felt is the change in people, their mentality and attitude towards us and ours towards them. Right from our childhood we learned that certain neighbors are our enemy 'coz they argued with us for simple things, which sometimes even reached police station LOL. we never talked to them, despite the fact that some of them were our relatives. This enmity started before even we were born and just continued till now. But, now times have changed. We grew up. Their kids grew up. When their kids' marriage came up, they invited us, putting a break to the long lasting enmity. We also responded in a similar manner. It is said that there is no injury that time cannot heal. So, it is proved. But, I guess, certain injuries will leave scars that even time cannot erase. So, in short, it was a time of change, unexpected change and surely that was both exciting and surprising.
Now, about my cousin, she and her bro grew up with me and my bro. We were like sisters and brothers. I mentioned about our kid gang in one of my previous posts, no need to say she and her brother were the members of the gang.
Someone who had played with us, who was one among us, just on one day, became someone else's. Its strange, what all things we need to face in life. 'N my bro too is moving on to another phase of his life. My parents had already started harassing me to marry, where as I don't think I'm ready for it :). Why can't they allow me to live in peace? LOL
I don't know whether I am able to express my feelings for my bro and cousin. I don't believe in perfect or ideal partners, problems are sure to creep up sometime. it's all about how you prioritize and value each things giving each what they deserve. Well, I am not blabbering more 'coz I don't have the experience or maturity to advice people about these things. After all, I do believe in fate.
Now, I was away from blogs last week 'coz I was sick with fever. Yah, for one whole week I was in bed taking stomach full of pills. I haven't completely recovered yet. Somehow, I feel a bit better now.
Catch up with you all soon.

20 comments:

  1. Sweet post! :)

    Yeah, the separation thing is very painful. If we get so sad, imagine what the parents must be feeling! Someone who was yours till yesterday, is no longer yours. You have to share them...

    Anyway, get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so,u went early n waited 2 b welcomed!!n nice 2 kno abt patch-up wid neighbours.n gals..well,de xactly feel this way-how can they b someone else's family member in a single day?(well,i'm not married n just generalising.)so,ur countdown has begun 4 losin ur freedom :) n hope u b fit soon,n blog regularly as b4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha u get bored wth the priests..lol

    I haven't seen any Christian marriage yet..ahhh!!

    u hav fever..same pinch on it..
    lol on the stomach full of pills...I guess u took pills instead of meals..:P
    get well soon..no sympathies :P
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo now i know where you have been up to...

    get well soon aneesh... good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is what is life...we are never the same all our days...

    we are one at a time and some thing else some other time...

    good post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey good to c a post from u after a long time!!and i m glad to c u back...hmm looks like u had a gr8 time at the weddings. :) Oh, u got fever...take care of urself and b back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. some one is having sooo much of fun hu!...enjoy well buddy nice to read ur enjoyment moments :)....

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  8. harressin u too marry
    hehe
    :P

    so had fun haan
    "birdwatching"

    ReplyDelete
  9. tara,

    Thanks :) Yup, I agree, now I know why parents are crying when they sent away their daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. anwesa,

    Yah, I agree with the gals thing, it is correct. But, you know separation is inevitable. Yup, MY countdown has begun. Losing my freedom? I will never let that happen. I will decide my freedom LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. pj,

    Oh Yah, who doesn't get bored with them? May be PJ 'coz you are one unique piece right? LOL
    haven't seen any christian marriages? May be you can see your own marriage :)
    I had to take pills instead of meals, if I've taken meals, I would've puke it out. That always happens when I'm sick. Can't eat anything.
    Thanks 'N thanks for no sympathies :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. phoenix,

    Hey, nice to see you too :)
    I'm getting better day by day LOL.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yamini,

    Exactly, Change is inevitable and the essence of life
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ria,

    Thanks :)
    Well, I had, yah, a great time and that's what made me in bed for 'Njoying more than enough LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hp,

    Well, you had your time too right? Let other enjoy too buddy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. joiedevivre,

    Of course, how do someone of my age miss "birdwatching"? I soon have to shoot one down too LOL
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to have you back after recovering from that fever! So you're being harassed? . . . so when are you going to post your marriage photos?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. alien,

    God!!! My marriage photos? Don't start that again, LOL. I will once it happens :)
    'N remember, everyone's time will come, now or then.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey,...sorry about the late comment!
    Hope u are feeling well now. And glad that u had a great time at the weddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. saranya,

    No probs :)
    Yup, I feel OK now. Thanks
    :)

    ReplyDelete

So, Tell me :)