Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Kiddo pranks part Four - Souvenirs

Like all kids, we too had some specific kids-only games when we get alone. I mean when no grown-ups are around, we create some games on the spot(dynamic games in programming terms). Yup! we were really innovative in such times. 'N we always came up with interesting games... always. I don't remember who starts with the idea, but normally some one puts up the idea and the others follows it and makes it perfect.
So, on one day, every one was left 'coz of a death. One of our distant relatives had passed away and they went to the house. We were not taken for such things as we were kids. I have never went to such a house with my family members. They never took me to a house where some one has just died. I have visited such kind of houses only from my school when some of my friend's parents had passed away. No need to tell how it might have.
So, I'm moving on to the interesting part. Only we kids were at home, free to do anything. So, we decided to go for some out of the normal game that we normally play. Our entire gang of four wasn't there. I don't remember why, but just two of us were there, just my cousin and I and we decided to play by imitating cooking. We never had any real plates, stove, food or anything. Everything has a substitute which, according to us, was real. Most of the things, we made out from natural things. We made a conventional stove out of bricks and put some dried leaves as fuel which is supposed to be wood and plates are just empty coconuts. We were doing our imaginary boiling stuff when I decided to get some vegetables to put in the boiling thing. A substitute for vegetable is one of the plants in the garden, right?.
The garden was made by one of my uncles and we kids and he didn't go well together. He always come up with new plants and love it like anything, where as we, out of curiosity pluck the flower or plant which makes it useless. Further more, we used to run around in the garden spoiling everything, though not intentional. So, he used to scold us everyday, sometimes even tried to beat us and we thought he is the one who spoils the fun.
Anyway, since he wasn't there, we took the liberty to select one of his plants and I stole one new blade from my grandfather which was hidden from us high above the shelf. Well, they think if they keep some thing high, we won't notice? Huh? That is a mistake, there wasn't an inch in the place where we don't know what is there. So, I got a blade, cut one plant and started making my imaginary vegetable curry. Well, I've seen my mother cutting up vegetables so fast and I just wanted to do the same. Being older, I told my cousin to look after the boiling thing and took up the cutting thing myself (which was actually more interesting). You could imagine what happened next. Trying to imitate my mom's cutting skill, I cut my finger.
One good deep cut. I still remember it was like a little mouth in my finger and blood started coming non-stop. So, even though we were so young, since injuries were not new to us, we knew some grandpa type treatments. It was said that, if you put little onion, after making it into a pulp, in your injury it will stop bleeding. We have never tried that, but since there is no one around and no other way, we decided to try this out. So, my cousin made the pulp for me after sneaking into the kitchen which was then put on to my finger. Well, the pain was horrible, but that did the trick. The bleeding stopped. I still have the mark in my finger of the old cut, like a souvenir. Well, our cutting stopped for the day, some how we continued with the cooking with my one hand. Obviously, when my parents came back, they did not have a clue about what have happened and they never found out my finger was cut. After all, I am born with hiding skills.
The next one that I remember is during the start of summer holidays. I was making a cricket bat with a sharp knife and was waiting for my cousins to arrive, who hadn't reached yet from school. So, I was in the process of making the cricket bat that suddenly I heard their school bus coming and saw them getting down from the bus. With the excitement of seeing them, I gave a swing to the knife imagining it will cut the bat, but I have missed it and it got me square on the same finger, this time in the middle. It was a horrible cut 'coz it still stays so fresh in my hand almost an inch long.
Well, as you can imagine, my summer holidays didn't start off well with the injury. Like always, I tried my own therapies with my finger which almost always worked. But, this time it didn't. It got worse after a few days 'coz of the tetanus; the knife was an old and rusted, but sharp one. So, I had to go to the hospital and get injection (which I always hated) plus a lot of pills, 'coz by this time I had fever too 'coz of the injury. There were countless such incidents. Just wanted to share a few.
At that time, it was really bad. But, now when I look back, these are the things which makes life worth looking back. Isn't it?

19 comments:

  1. hahah as always aneesh had been up to his kiddo pranks...

    as always it was fun reading it...

    PS- try giving a link gap between two paragraphs.. its taxing for the eyes to read the whole chunk if there is no space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. vere oru anventure game um kittille?

    tat u went for cooking..:P

    huh!

    take a pic of ur finger and post it on ur blog :P
    hehe man u rockkk...

    I haven't seen ya sad nitym...wats the secret??

    hmmm...reveal it if its not confidential :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey aneesh, its the first time i am here on ur blog...and i liked the post a lot...!! very interesting and fun to read...had a malayali touch to it, with the medicines bit...donno if u r though...!!

    am blogrolling you, and will definitely come back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm nice one...again your kind of post.....

    but i felt it an be still better.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know whether to laugh at ur pranks or to grieve at ur misfortunes :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Applying onion paste on wounds?Ouch!

    That finger must be jinxed :P

    Nice reading your childhood reminiscences :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice..ermm no, some silly but interesting memories there :) U had been very naughty. Hey, u tried cooking and all ..lol.
    Enjoyed reading it. U have infinitive amounts of these kinda experiences..lol...nice that u can remember all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always u've been the biggest brat! ;-)

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phoenix,

    Thanks :)
    Yup! Will do that from next post onwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PJ,

    Illa, vere onnum kittiyilla :)

    ***I haven't seen ya sad nitym...wats the secret??

    You are the latest in asking it. Well, I had been in sadness enough that I got bored with it. Now, no matter what, I try to be happy and that simply works :)
    After all, it's up to us to either remain sad or happy. We cannot control the events that happen in our life, but we can certainly control our response towards it, atleast most of the time.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha Aneesh the naughty kid!! Cute incidents yaar, same with appa also, the naughty kid. But appa used to tell me something about spider cobwebs to stop blood from coming out. Guess another one of those home made tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leo,

    Thanks :)
    Will see yah quite often then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. dil ki pyar,

    Can be still better?
    How?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lukkydivz,

    Haha, you are free to choose your response
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. sameera,

    Yup, we did what we knew LOL.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. saranya,

    Yup, I tried even cooking LOL,
    Well, you remember things that really has an impact on you, right? I've had a thousand such experiences, but remember some of them :)
    'N you can see my childhood was eventful LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. keshi,

    Yup, I have to agree with you on that
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. gr8 read as usual!!this reminds me of a souvenir i'v as a result of my kiddo pranks..hope i'll rite about them soon..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anwesa,

    Thanks :)
    Looking forward to read it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

So, Tell me :)