Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Kiddo pranks - Part One

I have been posting about my campus life experiences. But, just for a change, I would like to share my childhood experiences with you. After all those are some of the best moments in my life till now. Hope you'll enjoy. It's also a series :). So, let's start with part one today.
When I thought about my life years back. Some of the events stay as clear as though they have happened just yesterday. Well, let's start with some of it. 
This one happened when I was really young. I don't remember the age, may be 6 or 7. My cousins, brother and I were a gang of four. We did almost all the mischiefs together. 'N we had this creativity in innovating new mischiefs. Our compound have a concrete fence around it and in front of it is the main road. A lady used to go by the road every evening. She had a unique specs, which was really big and thick and we, kids, soon got interested in seeing her with the special specs and decided to make fun of it. 
So, on one day, when we saw her coming, we hid behind the fence and yelled "bhoota kannadi Hoy Hoy" which mean "ghost specs Hoy Hoy". we shouted this as a slogan a few times till she was out of earshot. We repeated this a few days. I don't know how it got stopped. I don't remember. So, I asked my mother about this and even she remembered it. She told me the lady had complained to her about this and from that day onwards my mother didn't let us go near the fence on evening.
So, that's the first thing that came to my mind about my childhood. Here is one more, this might hurt some animal lovers, so read on. My grand parents, uncle and I stay really close together. In fact, our grand parents and uncle are our neighbours. We used to go to the family house to play. And our grand parents had a lot of pets. They had 4 cows and a calf. 'N they used to 
cultivate a lot of things including green chilly. Those who know it's a type of chilly just one inch in length, but will burn your mouth if you take one bite. It's the most pungent thing that I've ever tasted.  
Once I tasted it and then, for hours, I kept washing my mouth and took air in and out of mouth. I told this to our gang and we decided to test this on animals. Hi Hi. Cows like banana leaf as we like ice cream. We took a banana leaf and filled it with green chill, tied it with coconut leaf and gave it to the cows. Seeing the banana leaf, the poor things started eating excitedly. Soon after they chewed a few times, things changed as we expected. I saw something which I have never seen before or after this. The cows kept their head high, kept their mouth open and kept their long tongue out as though gasping for air. They stood like this for a few minutes when my 
grand parents noticed this strange behavior and when they came and we ran away laughing.

Well, to be honest, I didn't feel any guilt at that time. But, when I look back now, I do regret it. 
More on these kind of pranks on next Sunday. Have a great week ahead...

PS:- Don't tell these to Menaka Gandhi, she may sue me... :)

34 comments:

  1. hahah...that was awesome :P...and guess wat i wont tell menaka gandhi..she may actually catch me also :P...

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D the first was ok but the second was cruel of u :x :x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha tat slogan.."bhoota kannadi Hoy Hoy"

    ha ha it rhymes u know..
    ma dad is sitting here he too is laughing on tat.


    aww tat poor animal..u cruel creature....today M Gandhi is gonna get an e mai frm me..lol
    hey i luv animals but I too hav dun many such things ...kids do u see....
    this wans reely funny dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he :) Really cute incidents both :) Poor cows man :( Looking forward to Part II!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! my god what a naughty kid u were :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of the pranks I used to play with my cousins in our grandfather's house! It used to be terrific fun! If something went wrong, we would just run away and hide for some time, then come back and face the music. :-)

    I feel sorry for the poor cows :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, poor animals! I feel very very sorry for them!!! U silly guys..tut tut!
    The first part was okay...since u were a kind. Can be forgiven!
    lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aneesh u were so mean as a kid??? LOL! Cos..


    **"ghost specs Hoy Hoy".

    Thats mean!


    **We took a banana leaf and filled it with green chill, tied it with coconut leaf and gave it to the cows.

    And thats mean too!!


    btw is that u in the profile pic? Nice! Finally I get to see Aneesh yeyyyyyyyyyyy! :)



    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hp,

    Thanks buddy.
    Catch you for what? you did something else? LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lukkydivz,

    Haha, yah, I am cruel sometimes :)
    A devil is inside everyone, u know?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. pj,

    Yah, it rhymes, that's why we used it. Nice to hear that your dad too enjoyed it.

    Thanks, cruel creature? hi hi.
    :) Yah, I'm waiting for a warrant from menaka.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. tara,

    Glad that you like it. yah part II on coming Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. alien,

    guess, we both have similar type of experience ;) hi hi

    ReplyDelete
  14. saranya,

    Haha, I liked that.
    Thanks for forgiving me LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. keshi,

    mean? Haha I was or so it seems :)
    Yah, that's me in the pic.

    How do I look? Mean? Be frank...
    LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. u look like a brat...

    and yes ur a good-looking brat!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol...bhoota kannadi!..papa!...so she was a sodi!!?...

    and that animal prank was quite cruel..:)...

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Aneesh
    Greetings!!! I've been missing your blog for quite some time. So that's you in the pic.
    hmmmmm you look so familiar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. keshi,

    Mmm, so I still look like a kid?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. brocaserea,

    Thanks :)
    Yah, it was cruel LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha ha those were some really sweet childhood pranks!! And dont worry i wont tell this to Menaka. :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes...kid indeed...Denis the menace..lol!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Got it !!!
    you look like one of my friend.

    nice haircut.. even though I cannot see much hair in some of the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ria,

    Wow, it's the first time, I guess, one didn't scold me :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. brocasarea,

    Haha, I got over it now, some time back, yes I felt guilty, sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. keshi,

    1. Aneesh the menace..
    2. Keshi the menace..

    Which rhymes better? I guess the 2nd one. see..
    LOL
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. GNB,

    Mmm, it is said that one has 7 duplicates in this world, you might've seen one of my duplicates.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. noooo Aneesh The Menace rhymes really well!!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  29. mmm, the truth is hard to accept keshi the menace...
    :)

    ReplyDelete

So, Tell me :)