Friday, August 29, 2008

Best Poem, by an African Kid!!!

This poem was nominated by UN as the best poem, Written by an African Kid
When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black

And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me colored?

25 comments:

  1. One of my fav poems from college days!

    Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have read in somewhere else too...nice one :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i had got this poem as a forward quite some time back. Reall liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. clear n true wrd by wrd
    ..very universal tght..

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes a nice poem indeed but a lot of anger is there in tat child.
    wat to do they go thru it frm childhood itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, i've heard this one before, when i was in school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. an innocent protest against racism.
    these words have deep emotions within.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sameera,
    Aha!! Thanks and you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. vishesh,

    Yah, I got it from an e-mail, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ria,

    Yah, me too got it the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. pj,

    Yah, we can tell that only if we experience it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i read it for the first time..really nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. have heard this poem before & i really like it , racism & apartheid is something which should have been done away with long ago , but sadly it still exists .

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehehehehehehe

    smart kid whoever wrote it

    u know wt wud be fun...to attach a pic of an angrez with all the change in colors....lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. read this in a forwarded mail...good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. divkiran,

    Haha, Yah, Couldn't get one with all the colors :)

    ReplyDelete

So, Tell me :)